"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, April 18, 2011

Why I Accepted the Challenge

I started a new blog (not this one) for our family to keep in touch and maintain current contact information. I thought it would be fun to include Blogs as a category on each family’s page. Nickie has maintained a blog for years (I’m very impressed because it’s something I’ve claimed I wanted to do, but never did…I started several and then abandoned them one by one) and so I added it to their family’s list. In so doing, of course, I saw her blog when I tested the link, but didn’t linger as I was busy getting the Allen Family blog set up.

Today I decided to add a blank target in the HTML code for all the blog links so that when they are opened they go to a new tab, rather than change the content of the tab you’re in. Once again, I tested the link…it worked. This time however, I paid more attention to her most recent post. It was an invitation to participate in a 30 Challenge using the book Say Go Be Do by Tiffany Rhodes Earl. She indicated that she was “looking for a few good friends who will form an Integrity Team with me as we take the SAYGOBEDO 30 day blog challenge.”

I just turned 40 and lamented about it; not my age so much, but my lack of achievement. Wasn’t I going to have written a book by now? Wouldn’t I be more organized at this age? You mean I am still struggling with my weight? So after having read Nickie’s post I decided that this challenge was for me. Well, I am not a big believer in coincidence. It was not a coincidence that mom’s email calling for updated family info prompted me to start a Family Blog. And it was no coincidence that the idea came to me to add blogs to the list of things on each family’s page. And since I was not in tune enough to pay attention to Nickie’s blog last night, it was no coincidence that I was prompted to add the code to each blog that forced it to open in a new tab. Thus, having another opportunity to pay attention to what was written and not just how pretty I thought her background/theme is.

So I immediately responded to Nickie’s call to get off my behind and DO something and commented on her post proclaiming that I am “in.” Then I ordered my book (sadly there is not a Kindle version) and it will arrive in one to two weeks.

Stay tuned for exciting things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your willing to do this with me. I hope we all came come through wiser and able to do more of what our Father in heaven wants us to do by realizing and following through on some simple things that we tend to push away as not being inspiration.

    ReplyDelete