"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, May 16, 2011

Just a thought...

Well ladies, it was a tough day at our home. The morning started with arguing among the children, leaving things on the stairs which lead to crying which lead to mom being upset with dad. It was sad yet sobering. Once the children realized and I mean really realized the disappointment, they had a change of heart and cooperated. Yet a spirit of sadness was felt all day. So what does this have to do with SGBD? Nothing. Just talking.

Rebecca, I'm with you on wanting to act on sgbd's that come to your mind. They are prompting from our Lord. I wanted to share what I read in The Student Whisperer that is taken from Suzuki who is writing about his reading of Tolstoy's Diary:

"It was the small Tolstoy's Diary, I casually took it down from the shelf and opened it at random. My eyes fell on the following words: "To deceive oneself is worse than to deceive others." These harsh words pierced me to the core...."
He continues to say, "Tolstoy provided the staff of life on which I nurtured my soul. Tolstoy said that one should not deceive oneself and that the voice of conscience is the voice of God. I determined to live according to these ideas." 

I think you can do this way of living. For me I will have to retrain myself to me honest with me in all things so that I can be more receptive to these promptings. I can't say I will ever make it during this life time. I think i was Spencer W. Kimball who said that we need to decide to decide. Decide to act on all the SGBDs that God is going to send you/me. Be true, don't hind. Go forward in faith.

I'm not sure this will help you Rebecca. It's helping me to be acting with more conscious awareness. I think this is a journey of the building of our faith and a matter of trust between ourselves and the Lord. Trust is built as we consecrate our time to act upon these ideas, these sudden insights/epiphanies or ah ha's (is that correct?). What I said may not be logical but it seems to work in my mind.  Good luck this week.

1 comment:

  1. Great Principles to Live By

    "To deceive oneself is worse than to deceive others."

    Tolstoy said that one should not deceive oneself and that the voice of conscience is the voice of God. I determined to live according to these ideas."

    Decide to Decide.

    Thanks for sharing how the day started. All of these experiences and thoughts helps to keep me grounded.

    ReplyDelete