"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Had To Share This...

I had a Say Go Be Do that I didn't follow through on while leaving the temple Monday morning. I felt I should have spoken directly to a sister from church who was there with a group of ladies from my neighborhood. As I said hi in general I thought that was good enough. BUT no, just as I'm leaving, I felt I should have touched and spoken directly with Betty. But I said no to myself because it would have been odd to return and do just that.
I realized I talked myself out of a Say Go Be Do moment. As I drove home I decided I would go see her and explain.
Later was just after 8pm when I told Gove about it. He told me to get down there and tell her. I went like a diligent wife. I was somewhat shy but I just said what I was doing with this challenge, explained how I didn't listen to an idea that came to me and I was now at her home to wish her a good week.
It turned out we had a nice conversation that would not have occurred at the temple. Did I miss at the moment when the idea came? I thought I did. But now I don't think so. I had the idea, I didn't follow at the moment but I did make a plan to go, I did go later, and I and she had a nice experience.
My conclusion is that it's not that you have to act at the moment with every Say Go Be Do (some you really must act right then) but you do need to write it down and make a plan for how you will accomplish the prompting and follow up with writing what the outcome was.

-Nickie

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Nickie. I guess that reinforces the point that we need to keep a journal of Say Go Be Dos. Not just to write what we did, but also what we need to do. Those promptings can be so elusive if we don't take care of them right away. Sadly, I know this all too well.

    ReplyDelete