"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, May 9, 2011

BE Accepting

I'm having a difficult pregnancy. All mine are difficult. Not difficult like some women. But, difficult for me. I struggle a lot with tears. I cry a lot for no reason. I am generally a happy woman, but pregnancy challenges my emotions. Yesterday was no exception. I was doing pretty good, but I was having a hard time sitting during class. I normally teach primary, but because it was Mother's Day, I was given the opportunity to go to Sunday School and Relief Society.

I have this unfortunate condition that just came up this week. It is making it difficult for me to sit for long periods. I was even on soft chairs and was really struggling. So, I left Relief Society and went out to my car. I had a little cry fest--because that is what I do best--and it basically continued off and on throughout the rest of the day. I had a wonderful Mother's Day, I just was weepy....

I think to myself, I HAVE OVER THREE MONTHS TO GO!!!!! If I can't sit now, how am I going to sit when the baby is five pounds heavier and I'm that much BIGGER???? Plus, since I normally teach primary, those chairs are REALLY hard. I am really praying that I make it through the next few months.

So, I'm reading my scriptures this morning and thinking about yesterday and I'm still kind of weepy today. The spirit whispers to me to "BE Accepting". Be accepting of my body how it is. Be accepting of this pregnancy. Be accepting of my silly emotions. Don't get so mad at those SPH's (Stupid Pregnancy Hormones.) Who cares if I cry all day? Be accepting that I just won't be able to get much done. Be accepting if I need to rest more. Be accepting that this might be one of the hardest times of my life. Be alright with things as they are.

August isn't that far away, right? The Lord will bless me.


1 comment:

  1. This is strange, I just posted a comment but it didn't go through. Rats. Lisa, I wish I could make this pain easier for you. Hang in there my friend. I look forward to visiting Friday. I hope.

    You are right to remind me of Being Accepting...Maria Von Trapp in her first book is talking about trusting in the Lord and how when they stopped worrying, things worked out as the Lord saw fit for their family. Be accepting...good advice

    ReplyDelete