"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Email

I have this so far life-long habit (I haven't decided if it is good or bad yet : ) to analyze conversations I've had or interactions with people to see if my conduct was right. Well after our Relief Society activity last night I thought about a conversation that was going on around my table. A sister was talking to me about her extreme sugar intake. She eats tons of sweets and knowing I try to eat healthy she was telling me how I must view her. The whole tone of the conversation was teasing but I wasn't sure how to respond. I didn't condemn her for her food choices by any means but she joking how disgusted I must be by her diet. I kind of joked along with her and teased her a little (mostly because it seemed like what she wanted).

When I got home and upon reflection, I had a SGBD to email her and tell her how I REALLY see her. How strong and kind of a woman she is. How every time she teaches I have felt the Spirit and learned something. So I did! It felt so good to follow through with that one.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing! How nice to have set a message of how you feel about her. Good luck it sounds like things are going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to send her an email of your real impressions! In hind sight, isn't that what she really wants, but doesn't know how to get. Good for you, listening to the Spirit and helping her get what she really needs.

    ReplyDelete