"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thoughts

I really like what several of you have posted lately. It reminds me of my past Relief Society President. She made a comment in RS a few months ago that she no longer keeps a "to do" list. She just tries to follow the spirit. She did this WHILE she was RS Pres. Wow! She said at first she would totally forget things. She would miss appointments, etc. But, then, it evened out and her life will never be the same.

Now, I am totally not there. My brain is fried and I guess I have a hard time trusting the spirit to guide. I was reading chapter three (or was it 4?) in 1st Nephi this morning where Nephi goes back to get the plates. He enters the city at night by himself. He totally relies on the spirit to guide him. The spirit tells him to do kill Laban!! Yikes!! He reasons it all out and decides he better follow those promptings. He continues to do so throughout the chapter and it all works out and he is able to take the brass plates home to his family. The scriptures were preserved.

Perhaps this is the goal. Follow those strange promptings. Follow and trust Heavenly Father to guide all of our footsteps. Let us pray for those SGBD moments, God, conscious, etc., to guide our every footstep.

  • I felt prompted a long time ago to invite a member of our ward over for dinner when his wife was out of town. I had all sorts of excuses and didn't do it. Well, his wife went out of town again. This time for over a month. I got the same prompting and followed through. We had him over last night and it was great. Next time we shall have them both over, but at least I'm finally "listening".
  • I had to go into "town" on Monday. I had a couple of errands that needed to be taken care of, but felt I was missing something. I prayed for guidance and was led to remember several other things that needed taken care of. I'm glad I remembered instead of having to take two trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment