"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thrifty Uniforms

I have been following along, but this is my first time to post. I really appreciate what I have been learning from each of you. I am behind (we all know how hard it is to catch up), but I will try.

I have started a BSA uniform swap to help our boys and others find affordable uniforms. I buy the used ones, from any source I can find, and then sell uniform at same price, or allow them to trade for the correct size. This provides many opportunities for the boys to value their uniforms, take care of them, re-coop their expenses and take pride in wearing it, with their rank advancements on them. It is a fair amount of work on my part, but when it makes a difference in a boy's life. It is worth it!

I was preparing to go into town, 40 minutes away, and had the distinct thought to go to a particular thrift, and for scout clothing. I went straight there, and then lead to another location. I have been able to get a dozen items between cubs shirts to leaders, both class A and B, shorts, long pants to neckerchiefs and belts. What a blessings! I Heard, I Listened, and I DID.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment