"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vision board??

On one of the pages which I cant find now, there is a comment about a vision board. What is a vision board? I can imagine but there must be something specific to it. Any ideas ladies?

I want to know more about this board. I feel like I could use vision right now. I've decided to not sweat over this week and my lack of promptings or rather my lack of recognizing prompting as I am not in my normal routine.

Welcome Bonnie.

It's good to read your post and feelings as well as learnings.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure where in the book she references vision boards but I think she is referring to the book The Answer by Assaraf and Murray. He was one of the people in the movie The Secret. He is the one that talks about a picture of his dream house he put on a vision board. He ends up moving into that very house and is surprised when finds the vision board later as he unpacks.

    Vision boards are simply a poster board (mine is on foam board) that have images that will help reprogram negative thinking or you achieve/attain your goals & dreams. For example I used to say that there is never enough time in the day to get things done. Now I say that I have an abundance of time and energy to complete all the duties and activities of the day. To symbolize that I have a picture of a bunch of clocks with the caption ABUNDANCE. I want to eat healthy so I have pictures of healthy, yummy foods, etc.

    The first 8 chapters of The Answer deal with how the brain operates and how through our negative scripting we become our own obstacles to our goals and dreams. I highly recommend reading it and making a vision board--it was transformational for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dina. I will find this book. This sound like what I am needing and wanting to learn.

    ReplyDelete