"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, October 10, 2011

Chocolate and Balloons

Saturday I needed to go get milk. Avy wanted to go with me and said we should stop at Jade's house. Jade lives on the same street as our cow. Jade is three, too. Jade's mommy has a 1 year old and is 9 months pregnant with number 3. She is due any day now.

I think about how I felt two months ago. Waiting....waiting....hurting...crying....every day feeling like a week.... I just knew that Jade's mommy needed chocolate. So, we went to the store and got some nice dark chocolate (with sea salt--my new favorite.) We also picked up a balloon for each of her children.

We took our goodies to Jade's house. She wasn't home. So, we left the stuff on their porch. I called Jade's mommy when we got back home. She's still pregnant. I offer to watch her children early this week so that she can nap or whatever. Naps can sometimes be more important than chocolate. She says that sounds great.

So, I'm glad I followed this prompting and look forward to serving today or tomorrow.

I am also praying for promptings and to know how to best use my time. It is so limited right now with a newborn and I feel that I do not always use it wisely. Which direction should I go? What is most important for me to be doing right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment