"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Many thanks...

Last Saturday night we were camping at our property. I and the girls were having grilled toast with jam as the men of the home went to the Priesthood session of general conference. As we ate, I looked around t the mountain sides with their colors of autumn, and wondered how much longer would we be able to camp. Somewhere in this thinking process, the idea came into my mind to clean up our site tomorrow. I didn't think more on this until Sunday morning when Gove began to ask what we should do. I started talking about how peaceful it is and how I sleep a little better in the fresh air. Suddenly Gove says we should pack up and then I remember the thought I had the night before. We started packing, we didn't miss either session but we did close up for the season.

Our family sat at the dinner table this Wednesday night with grateful hearts and a wonderful example of listening to a prompting to act. Now there is some amount of snow and our tent and outhouse would have been damaged if we decided to not listen to the holy ghost.

We had a nice discussion about working on the Sabbath, listening to say go be do's and being thankful for the wisdom of a loving Heavenly Father who guides when you can't see anything wrong because it's to far out there.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I'm always amazed at how the Lord works. He's so aware of even the smallest things.

    ReplyDelete