"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, May 15, 2011

frustrated

Why do I get so afraid to follow simple promptings? Today, as I was giving my niece a goodbye hug, I had the thought to tell my her that she sure is pretty. I didn't... My "reasons" were these... I didn't think she'd believe me anyway (we're not that close...) and there were other nieces right there with her and I felt uncomfortable telling her but not the others...

I didn't think until just now that the Lord probably would have taken care of it somehow... maybe He would have had me tell the others as well (but I had already hugged them and didn't get the same thought...) - or maybe they wouldn't have heard, or maybe they just wouldn't have cared - or.......

Regardless, I need to trust better... and the results of NOT telling her were probably more damaging than the things I imagined MIGHT have happened had I told her...

frustrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment