"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

So, my SGBD is from yesterday. Well, two days ago. I'm a little behind.

I have this friend that I haven't wanted to talk to in a while. The last we spoke was probably four or five months ago and she said some things on her mind that hurt me. She was critical of me and my family. Who wants to talk to someone like that? We have been friends for over ten years.

My friend (let's call her Fran) is a single woman. She lost her only son over a year ago to the same illness she has been struggling with for 20+ years. She is kind of a sad, lonely woman, so I have tried really hard to be her friend. I have moved several times and kept in touch throughout the years.

Well, I've been feeling lately that I should repent of my stubbornness. That I need to forgive Fran for her hurtful words and just be her friend, regardless. Then, a few days ago I felt I needed to send Fran a Mother's day card. So, I wrote a letter and put it in the mail. It was not an easy thing to do. I hate this thing called PRIDE!

I'm not sure how it will be received. I will probably try to call her in a week or two and try to rebuild the friendship. I'll keep you posted!

Jennifer, I love the idea of setting your phone to help you remember to post! I'll have to think of something similar.....

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful Women!

--Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment