"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's All About Accountability For Me

I have to admit that I was worried about the SGBD's not coming fast and furious. I have been tempted to be too busy to have them, but near the end of every afternoon my cell phone alarm goes off reminding me to blog and then I have to take inventory of my day knowing that I really don't want to have to be accountable to all of you for not doing what I said I would do. Ugh.

So, it's now just after 5 pm on Saturday, and about 15 minutes ago, I was laying sprawled across my bed dying of exhaustion, because I've worked myself into the ground trying to get some kind of order restored to my home since I've been living in hospitals with various children for the last two weeks. The hospital stays are done now...(please, please be done!), so I decided that it was high time to get this place whipped back into shape. I've been so busy today!

I was laying there thinking of how much I hurt and how I'm suppose to go to a ward party that my husband is in charge of and how bad I just want to crawl onto the couch with a good book for the rest of the night, when I suddenly think, "I should call Gwen."

Gwen is my college roommate from 20 years ago who is still my best girlfriend in the world. Everytime I think to call her I procrastinate. I have no idea why. I just do that, but each time, without fail, she calls me the next day. Sometimes she complains that I never call her and wonders if she's done something to offend me. That's never the case, but from her end, I can see how she would feel that way.

When I had the thought, I should call, I decided that this was today's SGBD moment. Without lifting my head from the pillow, I called and got her voicemail. I left the following message, "Gwenie, what do you want to talk to me about? I was laying here thinking that I should call you which means that you were going to call me, so what can I do for you? I don't need anything. Everything is good over here. I'm sure I'll talk to you soon."

She just called me back. She said, "When did you call me?? I picked up the phone to call you just now and saw that I missed your call. Then I got your voicemail and it freaked me out. How did you know I wanted to talk to you??"

I love SGBD. I find it highly entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. You are so good Jennifer. My day isn't finished yet. Just 52 more tiles to set! i hope to not cook tonight.

    ReplyDelete