"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Promptings are Not Coming Fast and Furious

I just read Nickie's post and have to admit I had been feeling the same way. It seems that the first few days I got 2-3 promptings (each day) to do something, but then it tapered off. Then I remembered that I hadn't prayed this morning. I used to brush it off when this would happen (remembering that I hadn't prayed) and just said, oh well, I'll remember tomorrow. But not today. The prompting/reminder came and I got down on my knees right away. I asked the Lord why the SGBDs were not coming and I got the distinct impression that it was because I was working on a very BIG one already. The last few days...a week, actually, I have been working on decluttering my house. (I know that when my house is congested with all the junk I have a very difficult time feeling at peace and when I am not a peace I do not feel the Spirit and when I do not fell the Spirit, the promptings don't come.) I felt as if the Lord was saying, "this is what you must do first, it is enough for now." I guess that once my home is cleaned out and a "house of order," I will get more assignments.

And to answer Nickie's question, I have started a notebook to write down the SGBDs as they come. Especially ones that have to be done later.

No comments:

Post a Comment