"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's Not Really The End...

The sad news is that the 30 day challenge ends on Monday which is Memorial day and I imagine some of you are busy this weekend. I need to get outside and plant this morning. So, the good news is that the challenge has been extended until the 31st!

It's been a little quieter then I had hoped over the past two weeks. Yet I understand we are busy mothers and I feel, like Dina, that we are using our awareness more actively to recognize promptings.

My husband told me he had a sgbd yesterday to stop and pick up a boy in the ward who has some level of mental disability and invite him to come help he and Eli work on building a clay oven. Dillon seemed to enjoy the experience and is coming this morning too. This awareness of sgbd is spreading to others. I like using the term say go be do to describe my promptings. It feels right to me.

Friday morning I awoke just after 5:30am and my first thought was that the bicycles need to be fixed. I told Gove this and he and the kids (mostly Eli) had a bike for each of us ready to go by 11am. I felt that Gove recognized this as a prompting and he was willing to help see it fulfilled.

My last post called Oh Boy, spoke of uneasy feelings. Later that afternoon I spoke with Mattia's dyslexia instructors to clarify the summer schedule and Tia's progress with other children in her class. At the end of our conversation I felt some of my tension/uneasiness dissipate. What a relief. I still feel the need to learn proper principles of government. I was stumped until last night about what it was I'm feeling to learn about government. It's the principles!

Ladies, I hope you will end this challenge will a post regarding what you have gained in understanding of yourself, following promptings and the challenges to do so. I don't know, just share your closing thoughts. It is my plan to make a booklet for each of us as a keepsake.

Thank you for participating.

-Nickie

No comments:

Post a Comment