"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Praying for Your Enemies

Last night my husband came home very upset about a job he had just finished. The client is refusing to pay my husband all that he is owed. I was familiar with this job and all that snags it encountered because the client insisted on doing some of the work himself. Everything he did had to be undone by my husband before he could do what he was hired to do. Naturally this caused the numbers of actual hours go over the estimate, and this is what he is refusing to pay. My husband is a very devoted worker. He will go without sleep rather than let a client go without network connectivity. If a client is "down," Joel doesn't stop working on it until they are "up" again. He worked a lot of late nights, sacrificing sleep and time with family to make sure that this client's server migration was successful. In fact, our FHE activity last week was driving together to this client's office so Joel could reboot a machine and get things going again. Understandably, my husband was angry.

I was thinking about this situation this morning and had the thought that I should pray to have this client's heart softened. "That's a good idea," I thought as I continued to make breakfast. "DO IT NOW," came the reply. After a slight hesitation, and only a slight one, I dropped to my knees and said a prayer to soften the heart of this man. I don't know if it will do any good, but the point is I did kneel right away and pray. Some of these SGBDs can be put off, but some have to be done immediately. I am grateful to be learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment