"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, May 19, 2011

trust

So, today I was gone at my kids bedtime (which I usually run every night) and my husband was home. I was about to text him and tell him that all the kids need to be in bed. But, I felt like it would be better if I didn't - if I just left it alone. Let him be Dad and let that be ok. So, I didn't. He did end up putting them to bed pretty close to when I wanted him to (yea!). But I was open to the possibility that he might not - and was ok with it - because I felt like I was following my plan (see previous post).

I also felt like I should buy myself a Single with everything - no catsup (sugar) and no cheese (probably fake). I probably needed it. It was expensive. but... I took a deep breath, closed my eyes (literally :) ) and I did it. And with the blood sugar issues I deal with... Things probably turned out better than if I hadn't (even though it probably wasn't the healthiest thing to eat) again... I was following my plan...

At the post office, I was going to leave my purse in the car - I usually do (We live in a very small town) - but I felt like I should bring it in. I did - and I ended up needing it.

At my Mom's house, I told my daughter to bring her drama stuff in with her. She asked me if I thought she'd need it, I told her I didn't know, that "it just came to me" - so, she did and she ended up needing it.

I don't worry about things as much as I used to. I'm trusting a lot more. and I really like how it feels.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Rebecca. I think we need to listen to all of these small sgbd's because I wonder if it would lead to greater trust between ourselves and the Lord for for more promptings that might be harder but that we will respond and act upon. Just my thought about my life.

    ReplyDelete