"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Where is everybody???

Just kidding. I know we are ALL busy moms!!! It has been a crazy weekend, hasn't it?

Just a couple of things:

  • I was at park day with a bunch of other wonderful moms and children. Some child had left their razor scooter laying on the ground in the middle of all the action. I felt prompted to turn the handles flat, so they weren't poking up. So, I did.
  • I have this neighbor who lives four houses down. I have lived here over 2 1/2 years. I have never met her. My children have met her, my husband has met her. They visit her every now and then. Her name is Eva and she is a widow. Why have I not met her???? So, my son goes over the other day and helps her work in the garden and around the house a bit. As a thank you, she makes us this incredible authentic chicken enchilada meal with rice and beans and fresh salsa--the REAL kind. I didn't have to make dinner that night. What a blessing! I thought, I really need to go introduce myself. Like I said, it was a crazy weekend. But, I got dressed nicely (after looking scummy all day with refinishing furniture) and loaded Avalon up in the stroller, loaded up all her washed dishes, and strolled down to her house. Eva was there and she is the most delightful person! She tries to stay busy with sewing for cancer patients (cute little turbans) and making baby quilts (for sale and for children in Africa). I can't wait to get to know her better! And, the best part? Before I left, I felt I should take her some of my homemade "healthy" chocolate. Just a few pieces. She about died. She says that chocolate is her PASSION and that she loves it and it just helps her make it through life, or something like that. She was very cute. I'm so glad I finally took the time to go and meet Eva.
  • Not too many details here, but I am not normally a very "touchy-feely" type person. I'm trying to do better. I felt prompted to reach out and "touch" someone. Good things happened.
Have a happy Sabbath! By the way, Dezra, I'm praying for you and all of us here. Thanks for the great idea.--Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment