"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do."

Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Here We Go Again! Yeah!


Yeah! Jennifer has invited anyone who wants to, to revisit our SayGoBeDo Challenge. I am so ready for another 30 days of writing about my inspirations. I know we have some friends that are just doing it for the first time, too. I'm excited to hear what everyone is doing to follow the spiritual promptings in their life.

I have really been in a slump as far as inspiration goes. I think it stems from the fact that I received a SGBD about two months ago.... and, I haven't acted on it. Still. Oh, I have all sorts of lovely excuses. Mostly that I'm busy with a newborn... Can't find the phone numbers I need... yada, yada, yada....

(By the way, here is my little newborn, Talia...)

But, I'm ready to get back on track. A few days ago Jennifer mentioned wanting to start again and I knew that is what my life needed right now. I made a promise to Heavenly Father that I would make that phone call after the conference weekend. I've got both phone numbers written on a sticky note on my computer and I'm set to go. I'll let you know when it happens.

So, after I made that promise, I have received AND ACTED on a couple more SGBDs.
  • Yesterday I felt I needed to go outside and talk to Reed. I found him in the back yard. We had a brief conversation. While out there I remembered that I needed to cover some important items with a tarp. I also remembered that our canopy needed to be taken down. We were supposed to get a storm. I took care of these things with Ivan's help and even though it hasn't rained yet, I am prepared when it does. What a relief.
  • I was cleaning up the living room this evening and I know I was inspired to look in the crevices of our black chair. It tends to suck things up and never give them back. I found my dad's wallet! He is visiting from Georgia and had already left to stay at a different home this evening. Not only will he now be able to attend the temple tomorrow morning, but he will also be able to get on his flight back home on Tuesday. I'm so glad I found it!!
So, that is about it. I loved the conference story that Pres. Monson shared about Peter Mourik and the temple dedication. That is the goal, right? Act on those promptings no matter what. Are they hard? Yes. Are they inconvenient? Often. But, oh how beautifully the spirit can work when we listen!

--Lisa


2 comments:

  1. I too was amazed with Pres. Monson's talk about Peter Mourik. It really has me thinking. Congrats on your new addition. You have beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete